Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The SoCon is ready to "get specific," and all I can think is, "IT'S ABOUT TIME!"

I've been waiting for the SoCon to get specific about what their teams were for a long time.

In the mean time, ETSU had just agreed to get their football back.

So, there are several very interesting things going on.

According to the Charleston paper, ETSU, VMI, Richmond, Mercer, and UNC-Wilmington are all on the table. On top of that, there is plenty of reason to believe that Kennesaw State is also on the table. That's six potential teams.

I would be very interested in adding three teams at this point. Who cares if Georgia Southern and Appalachian State have not left yet? Everyone knows they are just biding time at this point. So let's get up to fourteen teams and be done with it.

So who are the three teams I'm most interested in? Well, ETSU is an obvious choice. They just make so much sense as a SoCon member, it's not even close. In fact, with the varsity football officially starting again in 2015, I would be surprised if the Bucs aren't a member of the SoCon by then. They are a decent pick up in basketball too. The Bucs have history, and have been successful recently, too.

Richmond is obviously a choice too, if they are interested. I'm not sure if they are totally interested. If they are interested, I don't see why the SoCon would not take the Spiders. If they are not interested, then they should move on.

My next choices are Mercer, and then Kennesaw State in that order. I really think that Mercer makes a nice addition for basketball purposes. The Bears are a decent program, and I wouldn't mind seeing them in the SoCon. Kennesaw State at least attempts to bring the Atlanta market into the mix, which is not a bad thing.

Who does everyone else think should be invited to the SoCon?

No comments:

Post a Comment