Friday, December 2, 2011

Double Dribbles-12-2-11

1) Truthfully, it has been a pleasure to write this blog so far this year. It's nice to see the page views up on the blog, and know that some people are out there reading it. It's nice to provide some coverage for the SoCon, which does not get much national coverage. Truthfully,the Mocs are driving me a little nuts at the moment, so it's nice to be following the SoCon so closely and have other interests around the league to keep me a little entertained. Note that everything I write is not related to the Mocs. When I write something like, "This team is beatable," I am not referring to how the Mocs would beat a team. I am referring to how anyone could beat them.  So let me just say, thank you to all of the people that have been reading this blog over the last several weeks. You all are making this season that would have frustrated me enjoyable.

2) Appalachian State's Omar Carter showed why he was the Preseason Player of the Year. After games against Milligan and East Carolina where he combined to shoot 1 of 11, six points and nine rebounds. In the SoCon opener against UNC-Greensboro, the Mountaineer player made 9 of 15 shots with 24 points and 12 rebounds. Carter has potential to be a really special player, and it was only a matter of time before that player showed up for a game. Tonight was that night. He can certainly still win the Player of the Year- particularly if he puts up more nights like this against other SoCon teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment