Friday, November 9, 2012

The Waiting Game

So here I am- sitting here watching college basketball, as I imagine many fans around the country are. I am anxiously counting down the hours until the Mocs tip off on Monday night (from this moment- 69 hours on the dot).

And that's the problem.

Just waiting....waiting....waiting...waiting....

I can't imagine if I were on the roster for the Mocs. The challenge is the wait. The challenge is to be patient. The challenge is to not peak tonight, but to be prepared for Monday night.

That's hard to do. I'm having a hard time not peaking tonight. I am so excited to be watching basketball again, that it makes me feel a little bit of nerves in MY stomach as I anticipate Monday night's game. What must the team be going through?

My hope is that they are loose, and enjoying watching some basketball tonight. This Kentucky-Maryland game is something else. Teams that are coming to Chattanooga for the CBE Classic are Troy, Louisiana Tech, and SE Missouri. Troy beat Mississippi State tonight. SE Missouri is playing Kansas relatively close. Louisiana Tech trails Texas A&M by five at halftime. That CBE Classic looks more competitive than it looked even earlier this week when I did the OOC preview.

What does that do? Makes me nervous. Makes me anxious. Makes me ready to see some Mocs dominate a basketball game.

Oh, I'm ready. I've been ready. It's not easy to have to wait. But sometimes, the wait makes the end result that much more satisfying.

Hopefully the Mocs provide plenty of fun on Monday night, and throughout the year.  Sometimes, the waiting is the hardest part.

GO MOCS!

No comments:

Post a Comment