Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving: A Time To Give Thanks

It's been a rough two weeks to be a SoCon basketball fan. It's been a rough couple of years to be a Mocs basketball fan. But there still is plenty to be thankful for. It's time to reflect on some of those things.

--I'm thankful for basketball season. I love college football as much as anyone (no really, I do- every Saturday is spent with about twelve college football games and weekdays are often spent watching games I missed or re-watching games I enjoyed), but college basketball season is so much fun. It can be such a beautiful game to watch play when it is played well.

--I'm thankful for Mocs basketball over the years. During my time following the team, there have been numerous NCAA Tournament teams, and the magical 1997 season when the Mocs made it to the Sweet Sixteen and really should have beaten Providence in that game. That was a Providence team that took Arizona to overtime in the Elite Eight....and Arizona won the national title.

--I'm thankful for this Mocs basketball team. This team has been tremendously fun to watch. Yes, they are young and making some mistakes. They are not winning yet, but it is also quite clear that the Mocs are very close to being a very good team. The future is bright.

--I'm thankful for the way the internet works. The internet has enabled me to be able to follow the Mocs more closely than ever from Kentucky. I can watch the Mocs on MocsVision, listen on the internet radio, read articles from the Times-Free Press every morning, talk to other Mocs fans on MocFans.com Message Board.

--I'm thankful for all the people I have met through doing this blog and through MocFans. Many of them I don't know personally, but I really enjoy the discussions that we have, and the shared excitement over Mocs and SoCon basketball.

--I'm thankful for my wife and children. My boys are 6 years old, and while (since they live in Kentucky) they have an excitement for Kentucky basketball, they also have a passion for Mocs basketball. Their favorite player? Z Mason. Second favorite? Drazen Zlovaric. They tell me this constantly. It's so much fun to watch a game with them. It's a real enjoy.

So Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Don't forget to enjoy your family and friends on this day, but its always fun to remember all the things that I am thankful for in all my different walks of life.

Enjoy some football and basketball today. Enjoy the feast. Enjoy life. Should be great.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment