Thursday, February 21, 2013

UNCG 94, Mocs 68

I truly am at a loss for words.

The Mocs, who were looking so much better just last week, suddenly look completely dead. The Spartans made an unbelievable 20 of 36 from three point range, including Nick Paulos making 10 of 12 from there. Paulos has always been a decent shooter, but tonight was unreal.

And they had no answer.

None.

Zero.

Trevis Simpson and Derrell Armstrong combined to go just 6 of 21 from the floor (if you told me that before the game, I would have taken the Mocs by double digits). They combined for seventeen points. The Mocs defense only forced six turnovers.

It was as bad of a loss as I could possibly imagine. I never dreamed that the Mocs would look this bad tonight.

I'm at a loss. Truly at a loss.

On top of all that, it came out that Farad Cobb was dismissed from the team. The prized recruit from last year's class has been underachieving this year, after lighting the world on fire at Kansas in November. But, he has been dismissed for undisclosed reasons, though the statement says it is not for any illegal activity. That implies that he was not going to class and/or being late to practice.

Sigh.

So there really is no good news coming out of tonight.

Jonathan Stark is coming in next year at point guard, and will be expected to contribute immediately with Cobb gone.

Yes, it was awful. And I have very few words (for the first time ever). My emotional energy is almost gone. I can only imagine how the team feels.

Let's see if they can get back up before the Elon game on Saturday. It's a quick turnaround. We'll see if they can pick themselves up.

GO MOCS!

No comments:

Post a Comment