Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Daily Dribbles- 2/20/13

--Ryley Beaumont of Elon won SoCon Player of the Week, averaging 20.5 points and eleven rebounds per game last week. Jake Cohen of Davidson may have deserved it, with his 38 points against College of Charleston. But it's hard to argue with Beaumont. He had an excellent week.

--Chattanooga's Jim Reynolds will be broadcasting his 1000th game on Thursday when the Mocs host UNCG. Wow. That's a long time to broadcast games. He has been at Chattanooga for 33 years. He's the voice I grew up with. He's the voice I still listen to. I normally keep these blurbs from being pro-Chattanooga, but I want to express my thanks to JR. Thanks for the memories!

--I asked a few questions to the SoCon league office about the tiebreakers, and here was the response I received: "It would go to the highest winning percentage amongst the pool."

--Here's the link to the updated tiebreaker rules, updated today on the SoCon website: http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/Championships/Tie-Breaking/Tie-breaking_Procedures_Mens_Basketball.pdf

1 comment:

  1. Cohen had just 32 at CofC. Beaumont had a great week. His rebounding numbers were great. One of those wins was without Lucas Troutman. He's a very deserving winner.

    ReplyDelete