Monday, December 24, 2012

Daily Dribbles- 12-24-12

--It's Christmas Eve! Who has been naughty and who has been nice?

--After watching the games this weekend, is it possible that Wofford is the best team in the SoCon at the moment? A week ago I asked if Western Carolina was the fourth best team in the conference behind Elon, Davidson, and College of Charleston. Now, I'm not convinced that Wofford hasn't passed all those teams after their win over Xavier on Saturday.

--On the other side of the spectrum, we have all been annointing Davidson as the team to beat in the SoCon. They beat Wofford at home. But after seeing another disappointing loss by the Wildcats to a talented but underperforming Drexel team, I'm beginning to think that we may be overrating the Wildcats. Not by a ton- they are still one of the best teams in the SoCon, and are probably still the favorite overall. But at the moment, if I were doing power rankings this week, I would have Wofford ahead of them, I think.

--Wow. Really light slate of games this week for the SoCon. There are exactly zero games between now and Friday. The Mocs play High Point on Friday, and four other teams go into action on Saturday. The weekend is fairly full, but until then, the players (and fans) can celebrate Christmas with their families. That may give me an opportunity to watch some earlier games over again....or it may give me the opportunity to take some time off from all this blogging. I don't know which yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment