Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bell 7th in Nation in Assists

Keegan Bell is currently seventh in the country in assists per game. This is a beautiful thing statistically speaking.

I have had some complaints about Bell. But this stat is undeniable. Let's talk a little bit about Bell so that I can highlight both the positives and the negatives from my vantage point.

POSITIVES
--Very good at getting the ball to a shooter.
--Gives excellent effort on loose balls.
--The emotional leader of the team.
--Seems to have a good connection to the coaching staff.
--Does not turn the ball over a lot.

NEGATIVES
--May not turn the ball over, but the fast play leads others to fast play which can lead to turnovers. It is my firm belief that his frenetic play leads to some of these turnovers, even if he does not commit them.
--Sometimes takes shots too quickly.
--Moves so fast, that others tend to take shots too quickly.

So, all in all, Bell is a solid player that should be commended for his excellent effort. He is a very good player, but he has not lived up to the hype to some degree in my opinion. He still could. But he sometimes annoys me because he seems out of control.

Maybe I should get over it.

Maybe I shouldn't.

Either way, it is what it is. It sure helps to have a point guard that gets a lot of assists. Hopefully he can continue to get us into the right offensive sets and help us continue to find ways to win.

GO MOCS!

No comments:

Post a Comment