Sunday, November 6, 2011

Socon Monster Game of the Week: The Citadel vs. VMI

Each week, I will be selecting a game for the SoCon Monster Game of the Week. The day before the game, I will preview the game. I will try to select the biggest game, but I also will try to hit each team at least once during the season- other than Chattanooga, since I will be previewing each of the Mocs games anyway. It will be my choice- not based on the rest of the rest of the guys from the Scanning the SoCon write up.

This week, The Citadel vs. VMI in the All Military Classic on Friday night has been selected. I want to make sure that The Citadel gets a game on here this year, and this looks like as good of an opportunity as any. Yes, they may have opportunities later on, but most people aren't expecting much from the Bulldogs and I want to be sure they get there game in.

Plus- let's face it. Everyone loves watching Army-Navy or any of the military schools clashing, and this is a tournament where four military schools are playing. Can't beat that.

This will be an interesting showdown and a real chance for The Citadel to show that they are not going to be the punching bag for the SoCon this year. This one should be fun. An in-depth preview will be up Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment