Tuesday, November 9, 2010

TFP- Ex-manager redshirts as UTC player

Click on the title for the link to the story.

Drew Baker is going to redshirt. Shulman seems to think that with an extra year of seasoning and adding muscle that he will be capable of playing a big role for the Mocs.

Admittedly, I have not seen Baker much, but in reading this article, the way they were describing his game reminded me some of Brandon Born. By the way, that's a compliment, because Born is one of my all-time favorite Mocs. I have a basketball signed by him that I got when I was an impressionable teenager. It is still what I clutch during every Mocs game that I watch on TV or listen to on the radio. Baker probably isn't quite that talented, but we'll have to wait and see.

Maybe Watson could use a redshirt year too. I have no idea what all goes into these decisions beyond need, but maybe a redshirt year for Watson would help him grow into a little bit stronger and better player. Not sure that he can redshirt though, now that he has played in the exhibition game.

No comments:

Post a Comment