Monday, February 13, 2012

TV Deal? ESPN3? Hmmm....

What do we think of ESPN3?

ESPN3 is going to be available in nearly every household soon. The SoCon is thinking about going to get most of their games on ESPN3, so where does this leave the conference?

I think this is perfect for the SoCon. The conference is not in a position to hope for getting a bunch of television deals with many stations.

ESPN3 is growing. The SoCon is the most televised network already on ESPN3. If they can absolutely get most of their games on ESPN3, I think that's worth it. Sure, the internet is not the likely thing to scan through looking for games. But can you imagine if the SoCon had virtually every home conference game televised? A world where you could watch them play any game on archive whenever you wanted?

I know, I know. Most people aren't as obsessed with SoCon basketball as I am. I love watching all the games that I can find. It's something I really enjoy and try to do as much of as possible. The SoCon may be able to get in early on ESPN3 and get a decent deal before this really takes off.

This is the most forward thinking thing I have seen come out of the SoCon in a while. This looks like a decent idea. We'll have to see where things go from here.

GO MOCS!

No comments:

Post a Comment