Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Raining on My Parade

So there is some rain on my parade.

The Mocs roster was really shaping up in a way that I really liked. The addition of Mason really had the Mocs looking like they may be over the top.

Now, the news comes out that one Moc is leaving- without knowing which one. We have to wait until tomorrow morning to find out. Or maybe until around midnight tonight when it will be posted on-line in the Times-Free Press.

Look- I don't want anyone gone. But if there must be someone on scholarship gone, then I would choose Martynas Bareika or Jamal Burroughs. Burroughs provides depth at the 4 spot, which is a similar position to what Mason provides. So, where does Burroughs fit now? Bareika sounds very athletic and would get minutes as a redshirt freshman. But he would get minutes at the 1 and 2 spot. With Rico White and Xavian Rimmer coming in as true freshman, Bareika could be left out.

Of course, I was hoping that Bareika would be there to provide depth at that spot, and that Rimmer or White could redshirt.

If anyone else leaves, I really feel sick to my stomach. Early? Bell? Wattad? Taylor? Surely not. Can we possibly lose one of those guys? I can't imagine. What about one of the recent recruits? Could one of them be leaving? I just can't see it- although maybe one did not qualify for some reason.

That leaves Bareika and Burroughs. I don't want either one to leave. I think both are important to next years team. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be anyone else that would be even OK to leave for the shape of the program.

So who leaves? All I know- after a couple of weeks of feeling pretty good about the situation the Mocs find themselves in, I'm going to have a sleepless night. Either that, or sit around updating the Times-Free Press site until I get the article that announces the answer.

Let's all hope for the best...whatever that is.

GO MOCS!

No comments:

Post a Comment