Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ochenje Out

Manny Ochenje was declared academically ineligible by the NCAA Clearinghouse. This is bad news.

Ochenje was one of the best recruits in many years for the Mocs and now he's gone. The Mocs could still sign him again, and that would be ideal, particularly if the Mocs get him next year.

This leaves the Mocs dreadfully thin at the 5 position. Zlovaric will be the starter. Bryant and Mason can both play back-up 5, I think. We'll see.

We'll let this play out and find out if Ochenje will still consider the Mocs. I'm down. Turns out I was right in my previous post- it is raining on my parade in a big way.

Glad to still have Bareika and Burroughs. They will be very valuable next year, like I said. But Ochenje was going to be one of the most important players on the team for four years. Here's hoping he will still consider.

GO MOCS!

No comments:

Post a Comment