Thursday, October 25, 2012

Eureka Bareika!

Martynas Bareika is currently a potential starter for the Mocs.

Eureka!

I really did not see that coming. Bareika played OK in spurts this year. Can he be a spark at the three spot? It's possible, of course.

I am really excited to see the freshman this year, and to see how Rico White, Jared Bryant and Lance Stokes have developed.

Drazen Zlovaric and Z Mason have been the players I've been most excited about seeing all along. The Z Men. Can't wait to see them on the floor at the same time.

But Bareika? Truthfully, I had kind of put him on the back burner, until this artilce from David Uchiyama.....

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/oct/25/looking-forward-Bareika-now-a-veteran-leader-at-sm/?sportscollege

Is this really what is going to happen? I'm surprised. Bareika has been around and could be good. I'm hoping he has developed as much as it appears. It's mentioned here that he's tough, and there's no doubting that. He's as tough as they come. That's great.

What am I hopeing to see out of Bareika? I'm hoping he can be a solid performer. We'll see if he turns out to be the starter. I'd be a little surprised if he was the starter by January. But you never know. Could happen. Will that be a statement about the disappointing freshman or that Bareika has come around?

I'm hoping that we'll all be saying, "Eureka!" all year long.

GO MOCS!

No comments:

Post a Comment